In my last week here at the folk high school, we are doing a lot of reflecting. There’s a lot of tears, a lot of anxiety about the future… it’s a lot.
On Friday, as part of a warm up for our reflection exercise, a great teacher told us to just write down ten things we knew to be true. It didn’t have to be groundbreaking, life-changing, earth-altering… just our truths. Right now.
Here are mine.
- The rain will always clear away
- I can’t always be 100%, all the time
- I’m still as heartbroken as they come
- Friendship comes in many different forms
- Exhaustion leads to emotional mistakes
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day
- Eyes are the window to the soul, and most of the time there is triple glazing
- Apathy isn’t always ignorance. Ignorance isn’t always apathy
- Coffee sometimes tastes like tar
- I’m afraid to ask for help